Today, maritime transport plays a major role in the international circulation of commercial goods and offers the advantage of being able to transport much larger quantities of goods in terms of volume and weight compared to air, rail and road transport. K&P Legal provides maritime trade and maritime law services to shipowners, traders, operators and financers. Our maritime law experts provide legal support on legal disputes arising from lost, damaged, delayed or risky cargoes, claims arising from collisions, individual injuries, contractual disputes, marine pollution, ship foreclosures and marine insurance.
We represent our clients in all kinds of shipping, logistics, chartering, port and salvage projects in the sector, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, ship sales and financing.
Some of the issues that our maritime law team provides support are as follows:
- Ship trading
- Insurance disputes regarding collision, marine pollution and personal injury
- Ship financing and foreclosures
- Bankruptcies in the maritime industry
- Seizure of ships
- Maritime trade and logistics contracts
- International trade and transport
- Ship collisions and other casualties
- Charterers and lessors
- Regulations on environmental law and relations with government agencies.